CBD crystals may be a term you hear often enough, but it is something not a lot of people really know about. What are they and how do you use them? Do you let them melt in your mouth?
CBD crystals are actually what you call isolated and purified cannabidiol or CBD extracts. CBD is one of the many compounds or cannabinoids found in cannabis.
CBD crystals are different from other cannabis extracts in that other extracts may contain traces of other cannabinoids and other molecules while CBD crystals contain only CBD. To put it simply, CBD crystals are the purest, highest-grade CBD isolates available in the market.
And because CBD crystals are very pure, they effectively ensure that you get a potent dose and you enjoy the many health benefits that CBD offers. So for those who are all about potency, buying CBD crystals is the best way to go.
How do you use them?
There are different ways to use CBD crystals. Choose the methods that you think will work for you and are convenient.
- Mix CBD crystals with food and drinks. Combining CBD crystals with edibles is an easy way to use them. They can be dissolved in the fatty ingredients used for cooking dishes and for baking. These fatty ingredients include cooking oils, coconut milk, and butter. To make CBD butter, just melt the usual butter you use in a pan on low heat, add your CBD crystals, and stir slowly until the crystals dissolve. You can use your cannabutter or CBD butter in baking cookies, cupcakes, and brownies!
- Mix CBD crystals with e-liquid for vaping. One of the quickest, easiest, most convenient, and most discreet methods of consuming CBD crystals is through vaping. You dissolve about 200 mg of crystals for every 10 mg of e-liquid by heating it up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit or 60 degrees Celsius. You can inhale your CBD e-liquid, and the great thing is you can do this without anybody suspecting that you are vaping something else aside from ordinary e-liquid!
- Dabbing. Dabbing is what they call the process of heating a small quantity of CBD crystals by placing it on to a heated nail found on a dedicated dab rig. This method is actually recommended for more advanced users. And just like in smoking, the CBD crystal is directly inhaled through your mouth just as the heat vaporizes them. This method of consuming CBD crystals allows users to fine-tune their dosage according to what best suits their taste. However, while this technique is pretty quick and easy, it is recommended that newbies start with little doses and just to increase the dose gradually over time.
- Combine CBD crystals with topicals. You can get CBD crystals and mix them with skincare products of your choice. Simply melt the CBD crystals into carrier skin oils like cocoa butter, coconut oil, and shea butter, add in some essential oils, and apply directly onto your skin as a serum or moisturizer. Or you can use it as massage oil. You can also mix the oil with your favorite balm or salve and apply it on your skin to relieve muscle aches and body pain.
- Mix CBD crystals with oil for oil tincture. Combine CBD crystals with a carrier oil to make your own oil tincture. This is a popular method of using the crystals. The most commonly used carrier oils are olive oil, virgin coconut oil, almond oil, and hemp seed oil. Obtain a standard potency of 10% by mixing one gram or 1,000 mg of CBD crystals for every 10 ml of carrier oil.
Enjoy using your CBD crystals!