Do you love food? Do you love working in the kitchen and trying out new recipes? Do you want to try using cannabis and incorporate it in your cooking? Do you want to get the health benefits of marijuana even without vaping or smoking it? If your answer to all these questions is YES, then you might want to get books with recipes that make use of cannabis as an ingredient.
Here are some of the best cannabis cookbooks available. These also make great gifts for friends or family who could greatly benefit from cannabis or who care about their food just as much as they care about their weed.
1. The Ganja Kitchen Revolution: The Bible of Cannabis Cuisine by Jessica Catalano
This book was written by Jessica Catalano, an expert in strain-specific cannabis cuisine, for home cooks of any kitchen skill level. It contains guides and recipes for medicated dishes and includes numerous cannabis extraction methods for oils, extracts, and even cannabis butter. It also explores various international culinary influences. Catalano pairs every recipe with a specific marijuana strain that perfectly complements the flavor of the dish. The book features a revolutionary dosing chart and each recipe comes with step-by-step photos.
2. HERB: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis by Melissa Parks and Laurie Wolf
This culinary resource is a glossy 200-page collection of recipes for high-end delicacies and dishes, complete with detailed infusion directions and specific dosage levels to ensure an enjoyable yet safe gastronomic experience. This cookbook covers the entire recipe spectrum, from quick lunches, to appetizers, to desserts, to multiple-course dinners.
3. Sweet Mary Jane: 75 Delicious Cannabis-Infused High-End Dessert by Karin Lazarus
Lazarus, who owns the Sweet Mary Jane Bakery in Colorado, has earned the moniker “Martha Stewart of weed baking.” In this book, she shares her collection of dessert recipes for those who can’t go there to personally try her cannabis-infused treats. This cookbook contains recipes for desserts and edibles like Smashing Pumpkin White Chocolate-Pumpkin Bars, Chocolate Almond Delights, and Sweet Temptation Mango Sorbet, complete with proper medical marijuana dosing. It also gives instructions on how to make essentials like cannabis-infused coconut oil, cannabis-infused butter, and THC-infused sugar.
4. The Cannabis Cookbook: Over 35 Tasty Recipes for Meals, Munchies, and More by Tim Pilcher
This book is a definitive guide to cooking with cannabis. It features over 35 recipes for savory appetizers, main courses, desserts, beverages, and cocktails. It also includes charts for recreational marijuana dosing and medicinal dosing.
5. The Official High Times Cannabis Cookbook: More Than 50 Irresistible Recipes That Will Get You High by Editors of High Times Magazine
This is the first cookbook from High Times magazine. It features easy and accessible recipes for appetizers, entrees, cocktails, sweet treats, and holiday feasts containing cannabis, complete with delectable color photographs.
6. The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook: Feel-Good Food for Home Cooks by Robyn Griggs Lawrence, Povy Kendal Atchison, and Jane West
This upscale cookbook is meant for enthusiasts of all cooking skill levels. It features more than a hundred recipes from experienced professional chefs that approach cannabis as another fine ingredient. It guides readers through the whole process of making healthy, fresh, and tasty home-cooked cannabis-infused meals, from brunch to late-night snacks and cocktails. It also includes step-by-step instructions on how to prepare cannabis, advice on how to personalize dosage for different tastes, a buyer’s guide on the various cannabis varieties and their respective flavor profiles, and tips for storing, processing, and preserving cannabis.
* * *
Other great cannabis cookbooks you should consider adding to your collection include:
- Kief Preston’s Time-Tested FASTEST Edibles Cookbook: Quick Medical Marijuana Recipes – 30 Minutes or Less by Kief Preston
- The Vegan Stoner Cookbook: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes to Munch by Sarah Conrique and Graham Haynes
- Baked: Over 50 Tasty Marijuana Treats by Yzabetta Sativa
- The Marijuana Chef Cookbook by S. T. Oner
- Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails and Tonics: The Art of Spirited Drinks and Buzz-Worthy Libations by Warren Bobrow